Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

The Final Summit is actually the sequel of The Traveler's Gift.  Drowning in a depressed mourning over his wife’s death; the archangel, Gabriel, visits David.  It is up to David to save the world.  A time traveler himself, he learns he is not alone, yet it is his calling to lead these other great minds in a race to save humanity.  It’s refreshing and enthralling to follow along with the conversations of these philosophers and legends such as Gabriel, Ann Frank, Ben Franklin, King David, and more.

I have not read The Traveler's Gift but I didn’t notice I was missing any background.  Important to note, in my opinion, is that this is a work of fiction, and should not to be confused with a challenge to one’s religious or spiritual beliefs.  I don’t believe it’s meant to broaden one’s perspective as a Christian.  That said, I really enjoyed the history lessons throughout the book, which were mixed with the fiction.  I felt like I was learning something about the biographies of the famous people encountered, as well as being entertained with a good story.  I don’t remember History class being this interesting.  The Reader’s Guide appendix was also a great point of reference when I needed further clarity.  I definitely recommend this book.  It’s an easy read.  Now I'm going to have to read the first book...

I received a complementary version of this ebook from Booksneeze and was not obligated to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment